Please contact locations directly if you have questions. Many sites are private companies and non-profits not affiliated with the County. Only they can answer all your questions.
Locations marked with a "*" are run by the County of Santa Barbara, creators of LessIsMore.org.
MarBorg IndustriesAddress: 119 North Quarantina Street Santa Barbara, CA
Phone: (805) 963-1852
Accepts a variety of construction and demolition debris including scrap aluminum, appliances, asphalt, brass and bronze, brick, cast iron, concrete, copper, drywall, flooring, gravel, masonry, metals, pallets, sand, soil, steel, stone, tin, tires, and wood.
Carpeting may be accepted depending on market conditions. Call ahead to confirm.
Also accepts cardboard, glass containers, magazines and junk mail, mixed paper, newspapers, paperboard, and hard plastics nos. 1 through 7 for recycling.
In addition, accepts a wide variety of electronic equipment such audio, visual, computer and office equipment, including desktop computers and peripherals, laptop computers, copiers, fax machines, scanners, printers, hair dryers, shavers, vacuums, microwave and toaster ovens, MP3 players, PDAs, VCRs, DVD players, televisions, computer monitors, cell phones, DVDs, CDs, and audio and video cassettes, video game systems, and holiday lights.
Please note that monitors and TVs with a broken Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) will not be accepted and should instead be taken to the County's South Coast Recycling and Transfer Station.
Will also accept agricultural waste and green waste, including Christmas trees for recycling.
Additionally, household batteries, vehicular batteries, and mercury-containing devices such as thermostats are accepted for recycling.
- Audio-Visual Equipment Recycling
- Business Electronics Recycling
- Cell Phones/Smart Phones Recycling
- Computers & Peripherals Recycling
- Holiday Lights Recycling
- Laptop Computers Recycling
- Large Appliances Recycling
- Office Equipment Recycling
- Portable Electronics Recycling
- Small Appliances Recycling
- Telephone Recycling
- TVs and Computer Monitors Recycling
- Vacuums Recycling
- Video Game Recycling
Hazardous Waste Recycling/Disposal
- Aluminum Scrap Recycling
- Asphalt Recycling
- Bicycle Recycling
- Brass and Bronze Recycling
- Bricks Recycling
- California Refund Value (CRV) Beverage Container Recycling
- Cardboard Recycling
- Carpet Recycling
- Cast Iron Recycling
- Concrete Recycling
- Construction & Demolition (C & D) Debris Recycling
- Copper Recycling
- Dirt/Soil Recycling
- Drywall Recycling
- Flooring Recycling
- Glass Container Recycling
- Gravel Recycling
- Junk Mail Recycling
- Magazines, Catalogs and Phone Books Recycling
- Masonry Recycling
- Mattress Recycling
- Metal Cans Recycling
- Metals (other than cans) Recycling
- Newspaper Recycling
- Paper Recycling
- Paperback Books Recycling
- Plastics #1 and #2 Recycling
- Plastics #3 - #7 Recycling (no Styrofoam)
- Plastics Recycling
- Sand Recycling
- Steel Recycling
- Stone Recycling
- Tin Recycling
- Tires Recycling
- Untreated Wood & Pallets Recycling
- Vehicles and Vehicular Parts Recycling
- White Paper and Computer Paper Recycling