Please contact locations directly if you have questions. Many sites are private companies and non-profits not affiliated with the County. Only they can answer all your questions.
Locations marked with a "*" are run by the County of Santa Barbara, creators of LessIsMore.org.
*South Coast Recycling and Transfer StationAddress: 4430 Calle Real Santa Barbara, CA
Phone: (805) 681-4345
Accepts the following materials from South Coast communities and the Santa Ynez Valley for recycling: scrap aluminum, aluminum cans, large appliances (white goods), asphalt, audio and video tapes, holiday lights, household batteries, automotive batteries, compact and digital video disks, all types of electronics and small appliances, brick, cardboard, concrete, drywall, fluorescent lights, glass containers [no window panes], gravel, magazines and junk mail, metal, metal cans, newspapers, white and color paper, paperboard, hard plastics #1 through #7, tires, wood pallets, and wood.
Empty propane tanks with the valve removed are also accepted for recycling.
Also sells discounted Earth Machine composting bins for $40 each.
Accepts mattresses and box springs for free, up to five (5) units per day per individual, as part of California's Mattress Stewardship Recycling Program.
Households may obtain free mulch for their homes and gardens by accessing a pile that is maintained at the South Coast Recycling and Transfer Station. Also, for a fee, qualified trucks (no pickup trucks or trailers) may be loaded with large amounts of mulch. For more information, please call (805) 681-4345.
Finally, the County will also deliver mulch for a fee in a dump truck, a roll-off truck, or a semi-truck, after a Purchase Agreement/Liability Waiver form has been signed. To schedule a delivery of mulch, please call (805) 681-4981.
Facility is open Monday through Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For information on fees, visit our Public Works website.
- Audio-Visual Equipment Recycling
- Business Electronics Recycling
- Cell Phones/Smart Phones Recycling
- Computers & Peripherals Recycling
- DVD and CD Recycling
- Holiday Lights Recycling
- Laptop Computers Recycling
- Large Appliances Recycling
- Office Equipment Recycling
- Portable Electronics Recycling
- Small Appliances Recycling
- Tapes Recycling (Audio and Video)
- Telephone Recycling
- TVs and Computer Monitors Recycling
- Vacuums Recycling
- Video Game Recycling
- Vinyl Records Recycling
- Vinyl Records Reuse
Hazardous Waste Recycling/Disposal
- Automotive Batteries
- CFLs - Compact Fluorescent Lights
- Fluorescent Light Tubes
- Non-Rechargeable Batteries
- Propane Tank Recycling
- Rechargeable Batteries
- Treated Wood
- Aluminum Scrap Recycling
- Asphalt Recycling
- Bicycle Recycling
- Brass and Bronze Recycling
- Bricks Recycling
- Cardboard Recycling
- Cast Iron Recycling
- Concrete Recycling
- Construction & Demolition (C & D) Debris Recycling
- Copper Recycling
- Drywall Recycling
- Flooring Recycling
- Glass Container Recycling
- Gravel Recycling
- Junk Mail Recycling
- Magazines, Catalogs and Phone Books Recycling
- Masonry Recycling
- Mattress Recycling
- Metal Cans Recycling
- Metals (other than cans) Recycling
- Newspaper Recycling
- Paper Recycling
- Paperback Books Recycling
- Plastics #1 and #2 Recycling
- Plastics #3 - #7 Recycling (no Styrofoam)
- Plastics Recycling
- Roofing Materials Recycling
- Sand Recycling
- Steel Recycling
- Stone Recycling
- Tin Recycling
- Tires Recycling
- Untreated Wood & Pallets Recycling
- White Paper and Computer Paper Recycling