Please contact locations directly if you have questions. Many sites are private companies and non-profits not affiliated with the County. Only they can answer all your questions.
Locations marked with a "*" are run by the County of Santa Barbara, creators of LessIsMore.org.
Waste ManagementAddress: 1850 West Betteravia Road Santa Maria, CA
Phone: Residents: (805) 922-9092; Businesses: (805) 242-7937
Hours: Monday through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Recycling/buyback facility accepts aluminum scrap, aluminum/steel/tin cans, clean aluminum foil, cardboard, paper, glass containers, magazines/junk mail, newspapers, and hard plastics numbers 1 through 7. Also accepted are scrap metals such as brass and bronze, cast iron, copper, steel, tin, and untreated wood and pallets.
Accepts mattresses and box springs, free of charge, up to five sets per day.
Accepts green waste (including Christmas trees) for recycling. A free mulch pile is available to the public during normal business hours. Delivery of unscreened mulch is available by contacting Waste Management at 242-7936. Cost for delivery varies based upon destination.
In addition, this facility accepts antifreeze, household and auto batteries, motor oil (including agricultural oil), oil filters, latex and oil-based paint (up to five gallons per visit, up to 20 gallons per day), and various types of electronics and small appliances for recycling.
Please note that household batteries are accepted for free from residents in the unincorporated areas and the city of Solvang, whereas a fee is charged for residents in other areas.
- Audio-Visual Equipment Recycling
- Business Electronics Recycling
- Cell Phones/Smart Phones Recycling
- Computers & Peripherals Recycling
- Holiday Lights Recycling
- Laptop Computers Recycling
- Large Appliances Recycling
- Office Equipment Recycling
- Portable Electronics Recycling
- Small Appliances Recycling
- Telephone Recycling
- TVs and Computer Monitors Recycling
- Vacuums Recycling
- Video Game Recycling
Hazardous Waste Recycling/Disposal
- Agricultural Oil
- Automotive Batteries
- Latex-Based Paint
- Motor Oil
- Motor Oil Filters
- Non-Rechargeable Batteries
- Oil-Based Paint
- Rechargeable Batteries
- Aluminum Scrap Recycling
- Brass and Bronze Recycling
- California Refund Value (CRV) Beverage Container Recycling
- Cardboard Recycling
- Cast Iron Recycling
- Construction & Demolition (C & D) Debris Recycling
- Copper Recycling
- Dirt/Soil Recycling
- Glass Container Recycling
- Junk Mail Recycling
- Magazines, Catalogs and Phone Books Recycling
- Mattress Recycling
- Metal Cans Recycling
- Metals (other than cans) Recycling
- Newspaper Recycling
- Paper Recycling
- Paperback Books Recycling
- Plastic Beverage Container Recycling
- Plastics #1 and #2 Recycling
- Plastics #3 - #7 Recycling (no Styrofoam)
- Plastics Recycling
- Steel Recycling
- Stone Recycling
- Tin Recycling
- Untreated Wood & Pallets Recycling
- White Paper and Computer Paper Recycling