Blue Bin Recycling
Place items in this section into your commingled recycling container if you have recycling service at your home, business, apartment or school.
You may also recycle glass at locations listed on this page.
All glass containers are recyclable. Clear, brown, green, yellow, blue, big, small -- You name it! Feel free to place all types of glass bottles and jars in your recycling bin. Alternatively, you can take them to the recycling buyback centers or drop-off centers listed on this page.
What about windows, light bulbs, and drinking glasses?
While all glass is made out of the same basic materials (sand, ash, soda and lime), if you have a glass object that is not a standard glass container, you shouldn't place it in your recycling container. Glass made for other purposes, like windows and light bulbs, has different additives and coatings. For one, these coatings make the glass break differently. A car window, for example, will break much differently than a glass container dropped on the floor.
What about jar and bottle tops?
Should jars and bottles be cleaned?
It's always best if materials are cleaned before being put in your recycling bin. This helps to avoid contaminating any paper that might be mixed in with your glass. Don't worry about making your containers glisten, but a quick rinse and dry is helpful.
How do I get the CRV?
The California Redemption Value is available for beverage containers only. No jars. Some of the sites below are buyback centers, but not all of them. Check out our CRV Page for details, but if you see "California Redemption Value" on a location listed below, it should be a buyback center. Redeem away!
Where to go
All of Santa Barbara County (2)
Carpinteria Area (1)
- rePlanet/Albertsons #6355 — 1018 Casitas Pass Road
Santa Barbara Area (4)
Goleta & UCSB Area (5)
Santa Ynez Valley (4)
Lompoc Valley & VAFB (4)
Santa Maria Valley (11)
- Bedford Enterprises, Inc. — 1940 West Betteravia Road
- City of Santa Maria Landfill, aka City of Santa Maria Regional Landfill — 2065 E Main St
- Larrabee Brothers Recycling Center — 815 South Blosser Road
- Nexcycle/CVS Pharmacy — 4852 South Bradley Road
- Nexcycle/Spencers Fresh Markets — 3580 Orcutt Road
- Nexcycle/Vons #2300 — 1482 South Broadway
- Nexcycle/Vons #301 — 817 East Main Street
- S Earth Recycling, LLC — 770 Guadalupe Street
- Waste Management — 1850 West Betteravia Road
- rePlanet La Chiquita — 1635 North Broadway
- rePlanet/Albertsons #6348 — 2320 South Broadway
Cuyama Valley (1)
- *New Cuyama Transfer Station — 5073 Highway 166
Outside Santa Barbara County (4)
November 15, 2013 by Leslie Robinson - Recycle
October 03, 2013 by Leslie Robinson - Recycle
September 19, 2013 by Sam Dickinson - Trash
October 06, 2011 by Jeff Simeon - Policies
June 13, 2011 by Jeff Simeon - Electronics
April 09, 2011 by Jeff Simeon - Recycle