This section has everything you need to know about recycling at your home, business, apartment or school.
If you're not sure how to recycle a particular item, find it in the list below or use our search bar at the top of the page.
Tin is a soft silver metal used in several alloys. The most notable is pewter, which is 85-99% tin.
What about tin cans?
What about tin foil?
Just like "tin cans", "tin foil" is actually Aluminum Foil. We are happy to take foil whatever you call it!
What about solder?
Lead-free solder is actually mostly tin. It's recyclable as well.
What about large pieces?
The locations below accept large as well as small pieces of tin.
Where to go
All of Santa Barbara County (2)
Santa Barbara Area (4)
Goleta & UCSB Area (2)
Santa Ynez Valley (1)
- *Santa Ynez Valley Recycling and Transfer Station — 4004 Foxen Canyon Road
Lompoc Valley & VAFB (2)
- City of Lompoc Landfill (Scalehouse) — Avalon Rd (south end)
- Vandenberg Air Force Base Defense Logistics Agency Disposition Services — Building 11590, 1205 Utah Avenue
Santa Maria Valley (3)
- Bedford Enterprises, Inc. — 1940 West Betteravia Road
- City of Santa Maria Landfill, aka City of Santa Maria Regional Landfill — 2065 East Main Street
- Waste Management — 1850 West Betteravia Road
Cuyama Valley (2)
Outside Santa Barbara County (1)
- RecycleMatch — 3375 Westpark Drive, Suite 321
- Aluminum Scrap Recycling
- Metal Cans Recycling
- Metals (other than cans) Recycling
- Steel Recycling
- Tin Recycling
November 13, 2016 by Sam Dickinson - Recycle
November 06, 2016 by Leslie Robinson - Recycle
January 28, 2015 by Sam Dickinson - Electronics
October 03, 2013 by Leslie Robinson - Recycle
September 19, 2013 by Sam Dickinson - Trash
October 06, 2011 by Jeff Simeon - Policies
June 13, 2011 by Jeff Simeon - Electronics
April 09, 2011 by Jeff Simeon - Recycle