C&D Recycling: Carpet
Construction & Demolition (C&D) materials are generated during construction, remodeling, building repair, cleanup, or demolition.
C&D contains many different types of materials, most of which are recyclable at facilities listed in this section.
That's valuable oil you are walking on!
Did you know that carpet is made primarily from petroleum? That means just like other plastics, you can recycle it. The locations listed below will accept your carpet for recycling. Old carpet can be manufactured into new carpeting or carpet backing.
Reduce your carpet waste
If you're replacing or installing new carpet, consider using carpet squares instead of large sheets. That way, if part of the carpet gets stained, you can replace just that square. Good news for all parents!
Where to go
All of Santa Barbara County (3)
Santa Barbara Area (1)
- MarBorg Industries — 119 North Quarantina Street
Outside Santa Barbara County (9)
- California Materials Exchange (CALMAX)
- Earth911.com - Information Only — 1375 North Scottsdale Road, Suite 140
- Interface Global
- Los Angeles Fiber Company — 5190 Santa Fe Avenue
- RecycleMatch — 3375 Westpark Drive, Suite 321
- Shaw Green Edge
- Tandus — 311 Smith Industrial Boulevard