Electronic Waste Warning
If it plugs in, charges up, or takes batteries, it can't be disposed of in your trash because it could harm you or the environment. Find out about electronics regulations.
This section shows you how to dispose of electronic waste and related items like cables, DVDs and more.
Did you know that large appliances like refrigerators, dishwashers, stoves, ovens, washing machines, and dryers are all recyclable? There's literally tons of metal to be reclaimed in these products. Some retailers will offer to recycle your old appliance when you purchase a new one. If this isn't an option, bring your appliance to one of the collection centers below.
What if my vehicle isn't big enough to transport the appliance?
If self-transporting your appliance is out of the question, call your trash hauler to see if they'll pick it up as part of their bulky item collection service. Most haulers offer one free pick-up a year.
And while you're reducing waste...
Why not reduce your energy consumption, too!? When upgrading to a new appliance, consider buying an energy efficient model. Not only will you help save valuable natural resources, but you'll also save money on your monthly electricity, gas, and water bills.
Where to go
All of Santa Barbara County (4)
Santa Barbara Area (2)
Goleta & UCSB Area (2)
Santa Ynez Valley (2)
Lompoc Valley & VAFB (4)
- AL & S, Incorporated — 209 W. Central Ave, Suite A
- City of Lompoc Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility — 1585 N. "V" St
- City of Lompoc Landfill (Scalehouse) — Avalon Rd (south end)
- Vandenberg Air Force Base Landfill — Building 9505,6th Street And Utah
Santa Maria Valley (7)
- Bedford Enterprises, Inc. — 1940 West Betteravia Road
- Best Buy — 2326 S Bradley Rd
- Black Road Auto — 1500 South Black Road
- City of Santa Maria Landfill, aka City of Santa Maria Regional Landfill — 2065 E Main St
- Goodwill Industries Retail Store — 1539 Stowell Center Plaza
- Santa Maria Area Recycling Terminal (SMART) — 1940 West Betteravia Road
- Waste Management — 1850 West Betteravia Road
Cuyama Valley (2)
Outside Santa Barbara County (3)
April 17, 2013 by Leslie Robinson - Electronics
February 18, 2013 by Leslie Robinson - Electronics
September 23, 2012 by Leslie Robinson - Electronics
September 20, 2011 by Jeff Simeon - Electronics
June 15, 2011 by Leslie Robinson - Electronics
June 13, 2011 by Jeff Simeon - Electronics
April 13, 2011 by Leslie Robinson - Electronics