This section has everything you need to know about recycling at your home, business, apartment or school.
If you're not sure how to recycle a particular item, find it in the list below or use our search bar at the top of the page.
Products made from copper are usually reddish to brownish in color, sometimes with green tarnish, and they're completely recyclable. If you're looking to get rid of old copper products, please put them in your recycling bin or take them to a location listed below.
What about copper pipes?
Copper pipes are just as recyclable as other copper products. If you have lots of them, contact the sites below to check whether any of the companies will buy the copper from you.
Where to go
All of Santa Barbara County (2)
Santa Barbara Area (4)
Goleta & UCSB Area (2)
Santa Ynez Valley (1)
- *Santa Ynez Valley Recycling and Transfer Station — 4004 Foxen Canyon Road
Lompoc Valley & VAFB (4)
- City of Lompoc Landfill (Scalehouse) — Avalon Rd (south end)
- Perry's Auto Towing — 613 Avalon
- Vandenberg Air Force Base Defense Logistics Agency Disposition Services — Building 11590, 1205 Utah Avenue
- Vandenberg Air Force Base Materials Diversion Center — Building 11510, 1205 Utah Avenue
Santa Maria Valley (3)
- Bedford Enterprises, Inc. — 1940 West Betteravia Road
- City of Santa Maria Landfill, aka City of Santa Maria Regional Landfill — 2065 East Main Street
- Waste Management — 1850 West Betteravia Road
Cuyama Valley (2)
Outside Santa Barbara County (2)
- Construction & Demolition (C & D) Debris Recycling
- Copper Recycling
- Metals (other than cans) Recycling
November 13, 2016 by Sam Dickinson - Recycle
November 06, 2016 by Leslie Robinson - Recycle
January 28, 2015 by Sam Dickinson - Electronics
October 03, 2013 by Leslie Robinson - Recycle
October 06, 2011 by Jeff Simeon - Policies
June 13, 2011 by Jeff Simeon - Electronics
April 09, 2011 by Jeff Simeon - Recycle