Place items in this section into your commingled recycling container if you have recycling service at your home, business, apartment or school.
You may also recycle larger pieces of brass and bronze at locations listed on this page.
Both of these metals are golden or greenish alloys of copper. Brass is an alloy made from copper and zinc; bronze comes from copper and tin. If you have something made primarily out of these materials, put them into your blue bin for recycling.
What about large pieces?
The businesses listed on this page accept large pieces of scrap metal. Some will even pay for it! Always call ahead for details.
Where to go
All of Santa Barbara County (2)
Santa Barbara Area (4)
Goleta & UCSB Area (2)
Santa Ynez Valley (1)
- *Santa Ynez Valley Recycling and Transfer Station — 4004 Foxen Canyon Road
Lompoc Valley & VAFB (3)
- City of Lompoc Landfill (Scalehouse) — Avalon Rd (south end)
- Vandenberg Air Force Base Defense Logistics Agency Disposition Services — Building 11590, 1205 Utah Avenue
- Vandenberg Air Force Base Materials Diversion Center — Building 11510, 1205 Utah Avenue
Santa Maria Valley (3)
- Bedford Enterprises, Inc. — 1940 West Betteravia Road
- City of Santa Maria Landfill, aka City of Santa Maria Regional Landfill — 2065 East Main Street
- Waste Management — 1850 West Betteravia Road
Cuyama Valley (2)
Outside Santa Barbara County (2)
- Brass and Bronze Recycling
- Construction & Demolition (C & D) Debris Recycling
- Copper Recycling
- Metals (other than cans) Recycling
- Tin Recycling
November 13, 2016 by Sam Dickinson - Recycle
November 06, 2016 by Leslie Robinson - Recycle
January 28, 2015 by Sam Dickinson - Electronics
October 03, 2013 by Leslie Robinson - Recycle
September 19, 2013 by Sam Dickinson - Trash
October 06, 2011 by Jeff Simeon - Policies
June 13, 2011 by Jeff Simeon - Electronics
April 09, 2011 by Jeff Simeon - Recycle