Please contact locations directly if you have questions. Many sites are private companies and non-profits not affiliated with the County. Only they can answer all your questions.
Locations marked with a "*" are run by the County of Santa Barbara, creators of LessIsMore.org.
MarBorg Industries Recycling/ABOP CenterAddress: 20 David Love Place Goleta, CA
Phone: (805) 964-1498
Accepts a wide variety of materials for recycling such as metal cans (aluminum, steel, tin), clean aluminum foil, aluminum scrap, brass and bronze, cardboard, cast iron, color and white paper, copper, junk mail, glass containers, magazines, newspapers, paperback books, hard plastics #1 through #7, steel, tin, and wooden pallets.
Facility also accepts used motor oil and oil filters, antifreeze, batteries, latex and oil-based paint, including stains (up to 15 gal. per visit), fluorescent lights, and compact fluorescent bulbs.
In addition, various types of electronic equipment from households and businesses are accepted, such as desktop and laptop computers, computer monitors, televisions, printers, copiers, scanners, fax machines, VCRs, DVD players, disks (compact and digital video), video tapes, printer cartridges, holiday lights, small appliances (e.g. MP3 players, vacuums, hair dryers, shavers), and large appliances.
Please note that monitors and TVs with a broken Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) will not be accepted and should instead be taken to the County's South Coast Recycling and Transfer Station.
Open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and on Saturday from 9:15 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Audio-Visual Equipment Recycling
- Business Electronics Recycling
- Cell Phones/Smart Phones Recycling
- Computers & Peripherals Recycling
- DVD and CD Recycling
- Holiday Lights Recycling
- Laptop Computers Recycling
- Large Appliances Recycling
- Office Equipment Recycling
- Portable Electronics Recycling
- Small Appliances Recycling
- Tapes Recycling (Audio and Video)
- Telephone Recycling
- TVs and Computer Monitors Recycling
- Vacuums Recycling
- Video Game Recycling
Hazardous Waste Recycling/Disposal
- Automotive Batteries
- CFLs - Compact Fluorescent Lights
- Fluorescent Light Tubes
- Latex-Based Paint
- Motor Oil
- Motor Oil Filters
- Non-Rechargeable Batteries
- Oil-Based Paint
- Printer Cartridges
- Rechargeable Batteries
- Aluminum Scrap Recycling
- Bicycle Recycling
- Brass and Bronze Recycling
- California Refund Value (CRV) Beverage Container Recycling
- Cardboard Recycling
- Cast Iron Recycling
- Copper Recycling
- Glass Container Recycling
- Junk Mail Recycling
- Magazines, Catalogs and Phone Books Recycling
- Metal Cans Recycling
- Metals (other than cans) Recycling
- Newspaper Recycling
- Paper Recycling
- Paperback Books Recycling
- Plastics #1 and #2 Recycling
- Plastics #3 - #7 Recycling (no Styrofoam)
- Plastics Recycling
- Steel Recycling
- Tin Recycling
- Untreated Wood & Pallets Recycling
- White Paper and Computer Paper Recycling