Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Timeless wisdom when it comes to waste issues.
Keeping stuff from being thrown away doesn't start with recycling. Find ways to reduce your trash. Look for ways to reuse or repair items that still function. Explore recyclable items that can't go into your blue bin.
Here are several clever uses for tennis balls after they've lost their bounce! Thanks to the online magazine Green Light for the suggestions.
- Use them to muffle the harsh sound of bare metal legs on hard surfaces
- Use them to improve the grip on canes and walkers
- Link several together to make sound baffles and insulation panels
- Use as a toy for dogs and cats
- Place at the end of a pole as a duster and cobweb remover
- Place on the ends of sharp or spiky objects