Green Award Archives
The Green Award Program honored local schools, businesses and nonprofit organizations from 1994 until 2007.
This program has been replaced with a more comprehensive Green Business Program
From 1994 through 2007, the Green Awards Consortium honored up to five businesses, schools, and nonprofit organizations in Santa Barbara County with a Green Award. These recipients were honored for taking actions above and beyond their basic missions to protect, preserve, and improve the environment. They were awarded for actions addressing solid waste reduction and recycling, water conservation, energy conservation, hazardous waste reduction and recycling, and prevention and reduction of pollution of the air, water, and soil.
There were other important factors included
- Measurable improvements to environmental quality
- Comprehensive environmental philosophy
- Ongoing or long-term environmental benefits
- Creativity and innovation in technology or approach
- Model achievements
Who was the Green Award Consortium?
- Santa Barbara County Air Pollution Control District
- Santa Barbara County Public Works Department, Resource Recovery & Waste Management Division
- Santa Barbara County Public Works Department, Water Agency
- Santa Barbara County Association of Governments, Traffic Solutions
- Community Environmental Council
While this program was replaced by the Green Business Program, look below for the historic winners. These are long descriptions of the businesses and their work to reduce their impact on the environment.
2007 Green Award Recipients
2006 Green Award Recipients
2005 Green Award Recipients
2004 Green Award Recipients
2003 Green Award Recipients
2002 Green Award Recipients
2001 Green Award Recipients
2000 Green Award Recipients