Find Furniture's Future Function
Furniture is great for reuse. Durable, long lasting, and repairable...It can even be reupholstered and kept looking new!
Check out different ways to keep furniture out of the landfill.
As people move and families grow and change, furniture needs change too. Thankfully, furniture's durable nature allows for many reuse options.
If you'd like to resell your furniture, you can do it on your own at a yard sale, through Craigslist and classified ads, or at a thrift store. If you have high priced or especially old furniture, you can also try antique stores. Sites listed below focus primarily on reselling.
Don't forget about the furniture three R's: Repairing, Repainting and Reupholstry!
Furniture is not only easy to repair; it's also easy to spruce up with a quick coat of paint or new fabric. Watch that old coffee table transform into something new with a splash of added color! Or simply add some accent pillows or a different cover to make your couch seem brand new. All of these small actions will help keep furniture alive and well...and out of the landfill!
Where to go
All of Santa Barbara County (4)
Santa Barbara Area (8)
- Alpha Thrift Store — 700 North Milpas Street
- Assistance League of Santa Barbara — 1259 Veronica Springs Rd
- Goodwill Industries of Santa Barbara — 4223 State Street (drop-off location only)
- Goodwill Industries of Santa Barbara — 302 W. Carrillo St
- Santa Barbara Thrifty Shopper Thrift Store — 609 E Haley St
- United Family Association Thrift — 5156 Hollister Avenue
- United Family Association Thrift Store — 5156 Hollister Avenue
- Unity Shoppe — 1219 State Street
Goleta & UCSB Area (2)
Santa Ynez Valley (6)
- Atterdag Village Serendipity Thrift Shoppe — 448 Atterdag Road
- Buellton Senior Thrift Store c/o Buellton Senior Center — 56 West Highway 246
- New to You Shop — 1689 Oak
- People Helping People Thrift Store — 545 North Alisal Road, Suite 102
- Santa Ynez Valley Humane Society Treasures Thrift Store — 393 Alisal Road
- Santa Ynez Valley Opportunity Shop — 3630 Sagunto Street, Suite E
Lompoc Valley & VAFB (4)
Santa Maria Valley (6)
- Central Coast Super Thrift Store — 306 North Broadway
- Goodwill Industries Orcutt — 3486 Orcutt Road
- Goodwill Industries Retail Store — 1539 Stowell Center Plaza
- New Image Thrift Store — 2512 South Broadway Street
- Rad Thrift Store — 215 West Main Street
- VTC Enterprises Thrift Store — 529 South Blosser Road
Outside Santa Barbara County (4)
- Clothing and Accessories Reuse
- Electronics Reuse
- Furniture Reuse
- Large Appliances Recycling
- Small Appliances Reuse
November 13, 2016 by Sam Dickinson - Recycle
November 06, 2016 by Leslie Robinson - Recycle
June 16, 2011 by Jeff Simeon - Reduce & Reuse
June 13, 2011 by Jeff Simeon - Electronics