Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Timeless wisdom when it comes to waste issues.
Keeping stuff from being thrown away doesn't start with recycling. Find ways to reduce your trash. Look for ways to reuse or repair items that still function. Explore recyclable items that can't go into your blue bin.
Children's Accessories Reuse
We all know how quickly kids grow up. If yours have outgrown their old clothes and toys, consider one of the options below to reuse the items.
And if you're the lucky new mom or dad of a little one (congratulations!), check out some of the listings below for inexpensive and eco-conscious ways to clothe your baby.
Where to go
All of Santa Barbara County (3)
Santa Barbara Area (8)
- Alpha Thrift Store — 700 North Milpas Street
- Goodwill Industries of Santa Barbara — 4223 State Street (drop-off location only)
- Goodwill Industries of Santa Barbara — 302 W. Carrillo St
- Happy Little Hippo — 2919 De La Vina Street
- My Sweet Pineapple — 3415 State Street
- United Family Association Thrift — 5156 Hollister Avenue
- United Family Association Thrift Store — 5156 Hollister Avenue
- Unity Shoppe — 1219 State Street
Goleta & UCSB Area (2)
Santa Ynez Valley (2)
- Buellton Senior Thrift Store c/o Buellton Senior Center — 56 West Highway 246
- People Helping People Thrift Store — 545 North Alisal Road, Suite 102
Lompoc Valley & VAFB (3)
Santa Maria Valley (5)
Outside Santa Barbara County (3)