Thanks to efforts of local commercial composting companies, it's easy to recycle your organic wastes.
If your business generates compostable material that isn't appropriate for the green waste bin, contact these guys.
Agricultural operations can generate a lot of wastes that are organic and compostable. Leftover plant parts after harvest, bedding materials and animal manure, unmarketable or damaged crops, you name it! Most of that isn't accepted in your green yard waste bin, but you can still recycle it.
Contact the companies listed below to confirm that what you generate is accepted and arrange for the composting of your material.
Where to go
Santa Barbara Area (1)
- MarBorg Industries — 119 North Quarantina Street
Santa Ynez Valley (1)
- Valley Compost & Topsoil, Inc. — 1050 W Highway 246
Santa Maria Valley (2)
- City of Santa Maria Landfill, aka City of Santa Maria Regional Landfill — 2065 East Main Street
- Engel and Gray, Inc. — 745 West Betteravia Road
April 01, 2017
April 08, 2017
April 15, 2017
April 20, 2017
- Benefits of Composting
- Home Composting
- Mulch Program
- Pesticides, Herbicides and Fertilizers
- Treated Wood
- Untreated Wood & Pallets Recycling
- Yard Waste Recycling
November 13, 2016 by Sam Dickinson - Recycle
November 06, 2016 by Leslie Robinson - Recycle
May 04, 2015 by Sam Dickinson - Yard Waste
January 28, 2015 by Sam Dickinson - Electronics
May 05, 2014 by Sam Dickinson - Food Forward
February 13, 2014 by Tom Chiarodit - Yard Waste