Give food to those who have less.
If you're cleaning out your cupboards and find food items that are still safe to eat, why not give them to families in need?
The locations on this page accept different types of food as donations.
Donating food is a great way to support the less fortunate in our community. Non-profits and other organizations make sure the food gets into the hands that need it most. And if it keeps you from throwing away edible food, then it's also a great way to reduce waste. It's a chance to do something good for your neighbors and the environment at the same time.
We have tried to provide the most accurate information on the individual location pages. However, calling ahead to make sure that the location can accept the food you have is always advised.
Where to go
Santa Barbara Area (9)
- Bunnies Urgently Needing Shelter (BUNS) — 5743 Overpass Road
- Casa Esperanza Community Kitchen of Santa Barbara — 816 Cacique Street
- Catholic Charities — 609 East Haley Street
- Community Kitchen of Santa Barbara — 816 Cacique Street
- Foodbank of Santa Barbara County — 4554 Hollister Avenue
- Pacific Pride Foundation/Necessities of Life Project — 126 E. Haley Street, Suite A-11
- Salvation Army Hospitality House — 423 Chapala Street
- Santa Barbara Rescue Mission — 535 East Yanonali Street
- Unity Shoppe — 1219 State Street
Goleta & UCSB Area (2)
Santa Ynez Valley (2)
Lompoc Valley & VAFB (2)
Santa Maria Valley (5)
- Catholic Charities — 607 West Main Street
- Central Coast Rescue Mission — 1207 North McClelland
- Foodbank of Santa Barbara County — 490 West Foster Road
- Pacific Pride Foundation/Necessities of Life Project — 819 West Church Street
- Santa Maria Thrifty Shopper Thrift Store — 607 West Main Street