Crafty People Reuse
If you have goods that would be great for art and craft projects, use these locations to get them into the right hands.
Or visit these locations yourself for more supplies!
Have your kids finally moved out but you're still holding on to their old markers, paints, and the like? Or maybe you've decided, once and for all, to give up that painting hobby that never really took? Good news! If there's still paint in the tube or ink in the marker, someone out there likely wants your stuff.
Sites listed on this page are good places to unload your art and craft supplies without loading up a trash truck.
What about recycling art and craft supplies?
If your supplies are used up, it's best to throw them away. Or you can take a hint from Art From Scrap and make some art out of them yourself!
Crayons are the exception. They can be recycled, so check out our crayon recycling page if you have a bunch of crayon nubs left over.
How do I know if these locations want my _____?
Don't be shy, give them a call!
Where to go
All of Santa Barbara County (3)
Santa Barbara Area (8)
- Alpha Thrift Store — 700 North Milpas Street
- Assistance League of Santa Barbara — 1259 Veronica Springs Rd
- Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc. — 609 E Haley St
- Explore Ecology, Art From Scrap Reuse Store — 302 E Cota St
- Goodwill Industries of Santa Barbara — 302 W Carrillo St
- United Family Association Thrift — 5156 Hollister Avenue
- United Family Association Thrift Store — 5156 Hollister Avenue
- Unity Shoppe — 1219 State Street
Goleta & UCSB Area (2)
Santa Ynez Valley (4)
- Buellton Senior Thrift Store — 56 West Highway 246
- People Helping People Thrift Store — 1980 Old Mission Drive, Suite C2
- Santa Ynez Valley Humane Society Treasures Thrift Store — 393 Alisal Road
- United Voluntary Services Thrift Shop — 3551 Sagunto
Lompoc Valley & VAFB (5)
- Aid to Veterans — 423 W Ocean Ave
- Catholic Charities — 903 East Chestnut Street
- Goodwill Industries Lompoc — 1009 North "H" Street
- Second Time Around — 110 West Ocean Avenue
- Vocational Training Center Enterprises Thrift Store — 124 "I" Street
Santa Maria Valley (5)
- Goodwill Industries Orcutt — 1108 East Clark Avenue
- Goodwill Industries Retail Store — 1539 Stowell Center Plaza
- New Image Thrift Store — 2512 South Broadway Street
- Rad Thrift Store — 215 West Main Street
- Vocational Training Center (VTC) Enterprises Thrift Store — 529 South Blosser Road
Outside Santa Barbara County (6)